testing Frosty`s 0.5 mod on the Predators server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• testing Frosty`s 0.5 mod on the Predators server

we have been downloading both mods, Realism Mini Mod and Frosty`s 0.5 and testing today this one first

server called

Predators Frosty`s RealismMod0.5

no password

32 players

weapons enabled

commander disabled

125 flags (standard = 100)

10 s. spawn (standard = 15)

15 s. start delay

60 s. review (standard = 15)

45 minutes (standard = unlimited)

TK punish disabled (standard is enabled)

10 TK`s = kick(standard = 3)

voting enabled 12 votes a team needed

all maps x 3

downloads and instructions for the mods you find on this topic here on totalbf2.com

if you need some help please use the first hand contact over here...

a short listing what to do

copy the folders of the mods into your bf2 mod folder...so finally the folders must show up in the same folder like the bf2 folder

copy all level maps from the original games level folder into the level folder of the mods....

thats so far how we set it up...only change we did...we were disabling the commander mode for additional realism

download and info for frosty`s realism mod

downlaid and info for BF2_Realism Minimod from Djuice

So wait...whats the connection info

edit: Okay I don't really understand the install instructions for my own mod... , It said I had modified client info?

Comment

i am not sure now...i have been starting the server with your mod and it has been shown me the mod on dedicated server...but clients without the mod are able to join...so the dedicated server soft did not load the mod....what i must do for loading the mod with the soft....?

at start it has showing without i am able choosing levels...then i copied levels into the level folder of your mod and i could choose levels...but somehow the mod did not load...its looking like the original still? maybe join with original to the server to test that?

Comment

Well the clients have to have the mod to join, but it wasn't letting me join because it said the server was running a different version.

It's running 1.02 right?

Comment

yes, i guess it has to do with the dedicated server software, i have your mod showing up, but if i start the server it seems to load the original..but i have been specifying bfe....i am looking again into it...maybe mistake on my side....call u soon

Comment

definately its bfe showing on the ded. server soft....must i do anything else to make the ded. server running with the mod?

have put your file into the mod folder...then copying the levels into the levels folder...

then launching the ded. server exe and choosing bfe and the maps...and starting...

Comment

Bf2_w32ded.exe +modPath mods/bfe +dedicated

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison0586
                Bf2_w32ded.exe +modPath mods/bfe +dedicated

+dedicated....exact term?

d:/Program Files/EA/Bf2/Mods/bfe

for example is the path to the mod...

how to write it now?

Bf2_w32ded.exe d:/Program Files/EA/Bf2/Mods/bfe + dedicated ?

Comment

I really have no clue... I was just posting what I found on these forums in another thread

Comment

"D:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Server\BF2ServerLauncher.exe"

this is the exe to launch the server masc....and inside that masc you can select the mod and the maps...does that not work?

Comment

"D:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Server\bf2_w32ded.exe"

okay this is the exe if i bypass the server masc....how i must write it now to load the mod? And how i can specify a map then? Its really looking to me like the server masc does still not support to host mods`?

Comment

hello?

I have only 1 chance testing...i will load Djuice`s mod if that one will load correctly...

Comment

its still the same...loading the game over the .bat file of the mod....joining server and loading geometries and so on until the joining button..

then error "modified content"

have been starting the dedicated server over the server masc and it has been showing up the mod + the maps to choose...but it does not trigger the mod...it has been loading again the original game...

if i am starting the dedicated server over the

"D:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Server\bf2_w32ded.exe"

then...what i must include to start the mod...and!!!

How i am able to load any map?

Comment

try it again,

its Predators Frosty`s RealismMod0.5

okay, i have been editing the .exe and it has been loading with the mod, hope it is working now...

Comment

man no ones answering your crys!! ima try and join the server.

Comment

Working...
                              X